mommy jenner

Thursday, November 16, 2006

just another day

Babies wouldn't be so bad if they didn't cry so much. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am absolutely in love with my little man Colby, the way he gazes up at me with those adoring eyes, his face breaking out into a huge gummy grin that says "I'm so excited I can't contain myself!!", and makes me wonder what I ever did to desserve such a beautiful child. (I did nothing, I don't desserve the honor of being his mom!) anyway, though, .... he cries so much. And he sleeps so little. I must hit that button on the stove for the exhaust fan a couple dozen times a day, as the roaring white noise seems to calm him a little bit, sometimes. Or sometimes it just calms me in a strange way, or at least it covers up the sound of 4-year old Sam who picks this moment to join in the chorus of crying with her whining. well, now she's asking for a snack, so I'd better go.

I love being a mom, yes I do, it's just, days are hard and long. and years fly by. hopefully only the sweet memories will last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home